Sunday 25 August 2013

Noodle / Pasta Dinners & Before And After Photos!

I've had a lot going on the last few days!
My friend's 21st birthday was great. I didn't even have a drop of alcohol (probably a good thing after my wild Thursday night out) but I still had a fabulous night.
I also bumped in to some old friends and had loads of compliments too which made me feel great and motivated!

Yesterday I went out and found myself a new outfit that I feel really lovely in!

I decided it was about time I looked back and compared some recent photos of myself to old ones.
I actually found it very difficult to find a full-length photo of myself because I used to lack so much confidence I would delete or crop all photos of me that didn't just have my head and shoulders in!



The photo on the left was taken on holiday in Portugal when I'd just started dieting. I think I'd lost half a stone already. I loved that red dress but looking back I wish I never wore it outside!!! It drowns me now and I had to give it away!

The photo on the right is a photo of me yesterday trying on my new outfit!
Just under 4 stone lighter and feeling so much more confident. I can't wait to get to target!



Yesterday I grabbed an Alpen Light bar for breakfast and I didn't eat in town so by the time I got home at 6pm I was quite hungry! I didn't have much time to cook as I needed to get ready to go out so I made one of my favourite quick & easy dinners.

I love making a syn free version of chicken chow mein. Sometimes I prefer it to the chinese takeaway!
There are a lot of variations you could experiment with but this is what I had last night:

Egg noodles, boiled and set to the side.
Diced chicken, chesnut mushrooms and onions lightly fried in Fry Light.
When the chicken is cooked, add the egg noodles to the frying pan and pour dark soy sauce over everything.
Fry for 5 minutes and stir it all together so the noodles and chicken are coated.



Sprinkle 'Chinese Five Spice' Perfect Shake seasoning by Schwartz and fry for another few minutes.
Stir and serve! Simple!
I also love to add courgettes and peppers - beansprouts are perfect for filling out a meal too if you're making dinner for two or more! It's also a great recipe for chinese style stir fry if you don't fancy the noodles.



Today I had work at 11am and wasn't majorly hungry this morning. However, I knew I needed something that was somewhat substantial so I wouldn't eat biscuits at work!
I went for 2 weetabix with a little bit of milk with raspberries and blueberries on top for brekkie.

When I got home from work today I knew my boyfriend was joining me for dinner but he had to be somewhere in the evening so I chose to make one of our other favourite quick & easy dishes!



This is very similar to the chow mein recipe.
In a small saucepan, boil 3 baby leeks (sliced)
In another, boil a good handful of tagliatelle pasta.
Meanwhile, fry chicken, diced onion and mushrooms in Fry Light and sprinkled with some Chargrilled Chicken flavour Perfect Shake from Schwartz. I use a lot of their seasonings - I couldn't live without them!
When ready, drain the pasta and pop it back into the saucepan.
Add the chicken, onions and mushroom in with the pasta and also drain the leeks and add them into the saucepan with everything too.
Mix in a good portion of low fat soft cheese (Lighter Philadelphia is great!) but remember to syn it or use your healthy extra allowance.

Serve with a sprinkle of pepper on top and add some salad if you fancy it.
Voila!

So, weigh in day tomorrow.
Not exactly sure what I'm expecting! I know I've had a couple of treats this week and I haven't been as strict as I could have been but fingers crossed!

G
x

No comments:

Post a Comment