Wednesday 8 January 2014

I love Spinach!

Tonight, I didn't set out to have anything specific
for dinner but I threw some things in a pan.
It started with a mixture of diced chicken,
red onions, mushrooms and asparagaus.
But then, I remembered how much spinach I had in the fridge!

I. LOVE. SPINACH.

I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I decided to try and make a spinach & egg "cup" type thing and it turned out really REALLY lovely.



Preheat your oven to 180!
To make them, I sprayed a muffin tray with Frylight and lined it with spinach. Use quite a bit and layer the leaves so it forms a cup shape. Crack an egg inside and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, I fried up some chicken, mushrooms, red onion and asparagus in a shallow pan with Frylight and also steamed a good handful of extra spinach to have on the side.

Keep an eye on your egg cups as they might not take as long as you think! I took mine out and gave them a little fry in the pan before popping them on my plate.



To serve, I seasoned with salt & pepper and some chives!

DELICIOUS... and completely syn free, PACKED full of superfree foods!

x

2 comments:

  1. I have been sent to your blog by a friend as I am on slimming world too, but having a lack of inspiration for meals as I hate cooking! Seen a few posts and looking forward to trying some recipes! Added you on my book mark!! Keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tayla! (I presume that's your name?) - thank you for your lovely comment, I'm glad you found some ideas to try on this blog! Hope you enjoyed them? I'm in the process of making a brand new website with lots of recipes and extra content to replace this blog but I'll be sure to let you know when that's ready! :) Good luck with your weight loss journey! All the best, Georgie. x

      Delete