Monday 6 January 2014

2014: A happier, healthier me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I know, this blog post is terribly overdue however I'm sure most of you can sympathise with how busy the past month has been. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebrations!
How did you cope with the festive season? I'll admit, I tried to keep to plan for as long as I could before the big day but I did get a little bit too indulgent between Christmas and New Year's Day! Mind you, I was back on it as soon as the first of January hit us (and it hit me like a tonne of bricks).

Before I go on, I would like to take a second to just thank all of you have stumbled across my blog, shared it or simply tried a recipe from it! My stats tell me that this page has been viewed almost 5,000 times since i started posting in August 2013. So, thank you so much! I'm glad you can find some guidance or ideas here and you're the reason I keep going - and that keeps me going too! We're all here to motivate each other. I love how Slimming World has such a big community feel, especially with the support available not only at groups but online too!



I've got my first weigh-in at group tonight since before Christmas and I'm a little bit nervous! I weighed myself on boxing day on the scales in Boots' (but you never know if they're the same as the SW scales, do you?)
At least it gave me a bit of an idea and apparently I'd only put on 2lbs which is great news! However, I'm pretty positive I'd gained an extra 2 or 3lbs alone between then and New Year's Day.
It's just so difficult to resist what I've called "The Three C's" this year... Chocolate, Champagne and Cake!!!

I'm feeling positive, though! I've tried as hard as I can this past week and somehow I've managed to get myself back in to the flow of things pretty quickly.
I had to draw a line under it all and say "enough is enough!"
I went completely back to basics.

So what have I done so far this year that's helped me to get back on track?

* I started keeping a food diary again and I've been VERY honest with myself.
(Remember, if you bite it, you write it!)

* I started making good old fashioned meals from the Slimming World site!
This week I made a gorgeous shepherd's pie (pictured below!) which has lasted my boyfriend and I a good few days worth of meals. Plus, some portions were left over and popped in the freezer!


As you can see, I've also tried getting in to the mindset of having as much superfree on my plate as possible! I am LOVING salads this week... as well as having a strange new addiction to fat free cottage cheese.


I also made some good food to snack on in the fridge like plain pasta, boiled eggs (and a sugarfree jelly!) As well as stocking up on all my fruit, salad and veggies again.

* I made a list of all the wonderful things I achieved in 2013 because of losing weight. For example, I've lost just over 4 stone which means I have gone from a size 18-20 to a comfortable 10-12 and I couldn't be happier! My health has improved, I can now walk longer distances (and hills don't terrify me as much!)
I smile more. I've learned how to cook some amazing meals and I'm a lot more aware of what's in my food and careful about what I spend my money on! I've learned how to budget myself and plan for the week ahead by making meal planners and shopping lists. I've made some great friends, I'm more confident and I don't turn down invitations to social events - and that's just the beginning!

I also thought to myself:
"Do I really want to go back to where I was BEFORE all of this?"
No, of course I don't!
And THIS is what keeps me motivated, driven and determined.

I also think it's quite important to look ahead to the future.
How do you want to feel this time next year?
What do you want to achieve?
Make a goal to aim towards, no matter how big or small!
Whether it's the confidence to apply for a certain job, feeling healthy enough to start doing a new activity regularly or even just to learn how to cook more meals.

One of my main goals (and something i'm determined to do!)
Is to fit in to a Size 8 SLEEVELESS LBD for my 21st birthday in June.
I also want to feel confident enough to go
outside without a cardigan and tights on in the summer.
(I don't want to feel like a sweaty pig anymore!)
What's your goal for this year?
How much do you want this?
Use that as the fuel to keep you going!

How have YOU been coping so far this year? Please do get involved! I'm thinking of starting a Facebook page so everyone here can get a little bit more interactive, what do you think?

Again, apologies for not updating this blog for so long but I've made it one of my new year's resolutions to make sure I keep this blog updated regularly!

FINGERS CROSSED I don't put on too much. Even if I do, I'm prepared and I've already got myself back in the right mindset. That's the biggest step!

Good luck, speak soon!
G.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment