Just a quick one!
I've been quite poorly this week and I've been trying really hard not to have syns.
I've had a real craving for hot meals and I remember my mum telling me about syn free lamb shanks from Iceland!
'Extra Large Lamb Shanks in Minted Gravy twin pack' from the chilled section (BEWARE, not the frozen ones!)
Just £6 from Iceland. They're completely syn free on extra easy and really really lovely!
They come in two separate pouches which you can either boil (I didn't have a saucepan big enough!) or microwave for 8 minutes each on full power.
I popped them in the microwave and then popped them in a roasting dish together for 10 minutes.
I also cooked spinach, peas and boiled potatoes, sprinkled with mixed herbs.
More low or syn-free Lamb Shanks (on Extra Easy):
* Co-op: Lamb Shanks in Minted Gravy, twin pack: FREE
* Morrisons: Signature Lamb Shanks with Redcurrant Gravy & Roasted Vegetables, twin pack: FREE
* Iceland: Extra Large Lamb Shanks in a Redcurrant & Rosemary Sauce, twin pack: FREE
* Iceland: Extra Large Lamb Shanks in a Mint Gravy Tendercooked, twin pack, frozen: 4.5 syns each
* Asda: Extra Special Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks in a Redcurrant & Port Sauce, 740g pack, chilled: 5.5 syns each
* Asda: Extra Special Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks in Garlic & Rosemary Gravy, 740g pack, chilled: FREE
* Asda: Chosen by You Lamb Shank in Minted Gravy, chilled: FREE
* Sainsbury's: TTD Bistro Lamb Shanks with Roasted Carrots & Parsnips, chilled: 3.5 syns (per 575g sevring)
* Sainsbury's: Just Cook Lamb Shanks with a Red Onion & Thyme Gravy, chilled: FREE
* Aldi Stores: Oakhurst Signature Lamb Shanks in Rosemary & Mint Sauce, twin pack, frozen: 3.5 syns each
* Tesco: Finest Restaurant Collection Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks & Roasted Vegetables: 4 syns per seving
Always check syn values before buying - especially frozen foods!